Pohlman, Inc. was founded in 1946 by R. L. Pohlman et al. Originally a screw machine company specializing in ammunition components, in the 1970's the company established and entire department of high spped equipment that enabled it to enhance its products and services, remaining focused primarily on the defense industry.
In the 1980's as the company went through a series of new owners and new names, it began marketing to the automotive industry on a limited basis. Harold Studt and Robert Hoffman purchased the company in 1990. It was renamed Pohlman, Inc. and transformed from a screw machine job shop to a high tech manufacturer of precision metal components for the automotive and industrial markets, especially targeting vehicle saftey systems. Since that time, Pohlman has continued to expand its manufacturing capabilities and enjoyed successfull associations with many of the largest automotive part manufacturers in the world.